Always open Visual Studio 2012 in admin mode
So i have just started again using windows server 2012 and Visual Studio 2012. I had forgotten that you always have to run as an admin or lots of things don’t work. After this i forgot this twice i figured there must be a better solution.
Google to the rescue and all credit to the answer from this stack overflow question. These steps work great.
In Windows 8, you have to right-click devenv.exe and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".
1. select "Troubleshoot program"
2. check "The program requires additional permissions"
3. click "Next", click "Test the program…"
4. wait for the program to launch
5. click "Next"
6. select "Yes, save these settings for this program"
7. click "Close"