Archive

Archive for August, 2012

Error when accessing ServiceJobDefinitions.aspx page from Central Admin

August 24, 2012 2 comments

 

So i went to manage a timer job and was presented with the following screen.

image

 

The ULS logs didn’t reveal too much information other than a nullreference exception.

There is however some more information in the widows application event log

There was an exception loading job definition "Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.ServerScheduledTimerJob" (id "48a2075b-37ac-4866-b498-997374621326"). Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

 

 

image

 

To fix the issue some PowerShell is needed to remove the job.

 

Run the following PowerShell script

$job = Get-SPTimerJob <guid of job>
$job.Delete()

 

The job definitions pages now loads Smile

Advertisements
Categories: CPS, work Tags: ,

gantt charts in SSRS

August 17, 2012 1 comment

 

This is just a quick post while I am in a meeting on how to create gantt charts within SSRS.

http://pnarayanaswamy.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/range-bar-chart-gantt-chart-using-ssrs.html

I hope to expand on this post in the future with my own experiences.

Categories: work Tags: ,

Project Server workspace ProjectUID filter web part

August 10, 2012 1 comment

 

This is a great post containing a new filter web part that will send the projectGUID from a project server workspace to a web part.

http://epmsource.com/2011/10/09/projectuid-filter-provider-for-reporting-services-viewer-web-part/

Generate unique X and Y coordinates or grid references from a row number

August 9, 2012 1 comment

I was creating an SSRS report and using a matrix table. I needed to be able to position data within each group by. To do this i needed create a X and Y number for each item where the 2 together would be unique.

 

This is an example of what i wanted

Row number

x

y

1

0

1

2

0

2

3

0

3

4

1

1

5

1

2

6

1

3

7

2

1

8

2

2

9

2

3

 

And here is the SQL that creates it

 

SELECT  ROW_NUMBER() over (ORDER BY prj.ProjectName) as Row       
            , ((ROW_NUMBER() over (ORDER BY prj.ProjectName)) - 1) / 3  as X
            ,  ((ROW_NUMBER() over (ORDER BY prj.ProjectName)) - 1) % 3  as   Y

This took a lot longer to work out that i care to admit. So hopefully someone else will find this useful

 

If you need more columns before the split then simply change the 3 to be what ever number you need.

Categories: work Tags: ,

New Programming Jargon

August 6, 2012 2 comments

 

Love this new list of jargon used by teams around the world. Find it here http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/07/new-programming-jargon.html

 

My favourite – possible because it happens far to often

Protoduction

 

A prototype that ends up in production. Heard this from a tech at the Fermi lab. He said he didn’t coin the term but had heard it used a number of times at Fermi.

Categories: Uncategorized

Infopath “The following form template cannot be upgraded because it is not currently uploaded on this farm” #sp2010

August 1, 2012 2 comments

So what i was trying to do is upload a new form template to a clients QA system. Something that has been done tens of time since the system went live. But today I get.

image

 

Now i have never seen this message before so i instantly start googling to try and save the day.

I have to say not a lot of stuff around this error is available but there are a couple of MSDN forum posts that got me in the right direction.

 

The SharePoint farm in question has recently had some more servers added to the farm and what i suspect has happened is that the form files have not correctly deployed to the new servers. But to prove this i need the feature GUID that is created when you first upload a InfoPath form.

 

I found the quickest way to get this is to navigate to the site collection the form exists on. Go to Site settings and under Site collection Administrators select the Site Collection Features in the list you will see a feature that maps to the name of the XSN file.

Click on the Deactivate button (don’t worry there is a confirmation step). Now in the query string the feature GUID is shown. Copy this as you will need it later. You don’t need to deactivate the solution so can close the page if you wish.

 

I was then able to see, under Solution Management within central admin the WSP called the same GUID. Clicking on the WSP showed me that the wsp had not been deployed to all the servers in the farm. For some reason all of the other WSP in the list had all been deployed. I guess i was just lucky that this was the only one.

 

Now to fix the issue you need to run an STSADM command

 

stsadm -o uninstallfeature –id <the feature GUID you got from the query string> –force

 

This will remove the feature and i guess some other magic that fixes stuff.

Now the form can be upgraded without an error. Once the form has upgraded the feature is reactivated automatically (did for me anyway)

And YAY it all works again. 5 minutes job only took an hour

 

Hope this helps someone

Categories: CPS, work Tags: , ,